Thursday, May 8, 2008

my stars are not aligned

got word today that i didn't get the resident minister job. i called my mom and had what will no doubt be the first of many huge bawling sessions. i feel marginally better after talking to her but i cannot even begin to express the depth of my disappointment and sadness. i really, really, really wanted this. i thought i'd be good at it. i thought it would help me get where i'd like to go. i have a fricking masters degree in ministry but apparently it didn't count for all that much. a grad student was probably chosen over me. how humiliating. i wish i could say it was an honor to be considered at all, but i am not there by a long shot yet. ever.

how much do you want to bet i end up needing surgery after all?

1 comment:

Darx said...

Oh, darlin', I'm so sorry. That sucks. Wish I could give you a big hug. I will keep hoping that you don't need back surgery.